To the Waiter at El Haragan ...

... Thank you for giving St. Nick the check.

Our dinner last night went something like this:

St. Nick: Ed's parents owe him ninety-five bucks. Where's that $15 Mom had for me?

Mom: What $15?

St. Nick: I want my money. You owe me fifteen bucks.

Mom: That's the money we spent at the bookstore (aforementioned book orgie).

St. Nick: (growing hysterical) You never told me that's what the money was for! I want my money! You owe me!

Mom: Ummmmm. No.

St. Nick: YES YOU DO YOU OWE ME MONEY YOU DO YOU DO YOU DO!! THAT WAS MY MONEY I NEVERWOULDHAVEBOUGHTSTUPIDBOOKSIFIKNEWIWASUSINGMYOWNMONEY! I WANT MY MONEY. YOU OWE ME!

Mom: (thinking that was the Wrong thing to say to a writer is at a loss for words)

He did eventually calm down. And then the waiter, who watched the whole thing, handed St. Nick the check. All I can say now is, Thank You.

By the way, El Haragan is a yummy new Mexican restaurant. If you're local, check it out. The fajita nachos are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *