How did I get a Website for FREE?

Or almost free. I purchased a couple of domains through 1&1 Hosting, and would you believe it? I got a starter page using their website builder. Free! A simple, five page website that I can customize pretty much however I like, for zip.

I must say, that's pretty sweet. And the design options aren't bad, either. Certainly a huge step up from googlesites. I knew there was a reason *not* to use the ubiquitous Go Daddy! Seriously, try it out, and not just because I'll get a little happy boost if you do. Though happy helps.

 

That being said, I do see limitations with the free site. I can't add custom HTML, for example. I found a workaround for that - in a very simple way. Add an image, highlight the image, and turn it into a link. Then I could build "buttons" to direct people here or to various other websites. Not perfect, but perty dern good for what I paid.

Which would be, in case you missed it, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *