We Actually Called

I shared my grumpiness with Dr. D yesterday and he got on the phone and called the Charter Academy. They do have openings in 2nd grade, but St. Nick would have to apply and start classes tomorrow (well, today now, since he called yesterday). That's just too fast. If we could have a week, even, I think we might have done it. I could have returned the curriculum I bought and gotten a refund (for the books that don't have red pop on them - Fish had a little spill at dinner last night) and I might have had some moments free to work with Fish and Mud Pie during the day instead of casting them off to whatever activity will keep them relatively occupied and quiet for the longest period of time while I work with their big brother.

I had the briefest glimmer of hope. School! Joy! But alas, I'll just have to quit moaning and get to work. I, of course, feel like the biggest fraud going to these homeschool activities thinking giddily, "One more year, just one more year and I'm done with this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *