Oatmeal Cookie Cobbler

To finish off our rough day yesterday, I thought I'd make something especially healthy ...
I was going to make peach crisp from a recipe, but I got a little carried away. This is what I ended up with: a peach-apple base with oatmeal cookie crust. Amazing! Served with mini egg fritatas (slices of deli ham in muffin cups filled with whisked egg, milk, salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder, topped with swiss, baked for 20 mins at 350), this was an amazing comfort meal. I think the cobbler would likely be amazing with cranberries and apples for a Thanksgiving desert.

Oatmeal Cookie Cobbler
Fruit base:
5-6 chopped peaches
2 chopped tart apples
1/4 C orange juice
1 T brown sugar
2 T whole wheat flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
*put chopped fruit into a greased 8x8 pan, mix other ingredients and pour over fruit*

Topping:
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C water
1 t vanilla
*mix together*
1/2 t salt
1/2 t soda
3/4 C whole wheat flour
3+ C quick cooking oats
*mix into dough, drop by large spoonfulls onto fruit mixture so covers, bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until beginning to brown*

I would have taken a picture, but we honestly ate it so fast, I didn't get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *