Almost a Year Ago

On March 20th of last year, I took this photo of my very first rug hooking kit.


I'm not sure how long I let it sit, or how often I opened it, looked at it, unfolded the backing, refolded and repacked ... I was scared. I'd tried knitting. And after ten years my scarf was, well, sort of square and still only about twenty inches. I donated it to Goodwill with the knitting needles still attached.

I did finally stretch the linen, pick up the hook, and begin, and I'm glad I did. Although it took me just shy of forever, here's the finished product - a trivet - and four matching mug cozies.


My favorite piece by far (made from leftover scraps of wool and a bit of old skirt):


Thank you, Burlap N Rags, for offering such cute kits! And for providing enough extra wool to either royally mess up, or make four matching mug cozies.

3 comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *